Filterwrap nonwoven geotextile filter fabric is ideally suited to subsoil drainage systems used to remove water from damp areas and behind retaining walls. Filterwrap is sufficiently robust to act as a separator for use in in residential driveways and soak-aways.
Filterwrap is supplied in small easy to handle roll sizes and is designed to replace natural filters in many applications particularly revetments and subsoil drainage. The extremely high porosity of nonwoven geotextiles allows water flow while preventing fines migration. These properties allow Filterwrap to be used where drainage or control of groundwater is a concern such as behind retaining walls, working over soft ground in driveway construction and gravel paths or in landscaping applications to provide separation between soil and drainage aggregates in planter boxes and roof gardens.
Benefits Of Filterwrap
- Allows for rapid drainage
- Lightweight and easy to handle rolls
- Offers consistency of performance
- Reduces aggregate wastage
- Flexible for irregular shapes of land formations
- Acts as a barrier to reduce weed growth
Application Of Filterwrap
- Ground water drainage behind retaining walls
- Separation over soft ground in driveway construction and gravel paths
- Separation between soil and drainage aggregates in planter boxes
- and roof gardens
- Lining of subsoil drain trenches
Filterwrap nonwoven geotextile is used to remove water from damp areas such as behind retaining walls. Its three-dimensional structure makes an easier flow-through passage for water, providing more effective drainage.
Filterwrap geotextile filter fabrics are highly porous, allowing water to flow through while containing soil migration. It outperforms natural filters particularly when used in revetments or subsoil drainage. It is widely used as a filtration layer around the perimeter of a drainage trench or wrapping a 100 mm diameter drainage pipe.