Waterbased PU Coating Grey 20Kg
MIXURETHANE is a single component; cold applied, aliphatic polyurethane modified waterproof coating with high elasticity, durability & flexibility. It has a high level of resistance to weathering agents like UV rays, sunlight, frost,rainfall etc.
More than 500% Elongation
- Single component & Water Based- Non-Toxic
- New generation Hybrid Polyurethane based
- High elasticity & Flexibility
- High tensile strength & Elongation
- Excellent UV Resistance
- Comply with most of environmental & Healthregulations
$315.00 (excl. GST)
Save: $65.00 (20.6%)
Out of stock
- As an exterior protective coating for roofs, domes, gutters, decks, balconies, terrace floors, steel, concrete, vertical walls etc
- Wet areas such as Kitchen, Bathrooms & Water reservoirs
- Industrial Wash rooms & Showers
- As a protective membrane for Polyurethane foam insulation
HOW TO APPLY
Surface preparation: All the substrates must be dry and free of dust, dirt, oil, grease and loose particles. Metal surfaces should be rust free. This can be achieved by wire brushing or grit blasting. Metal surface should be primed with Mix prime MS.
Priming: A primer coat is required to seal the pores and stabilize the surface. Diluted MIXURETHANE with 20% clean water should be used as a primer coat. It will improve the bond strength of the coating. This can be applied by a brush, roller or spray.
Application procedure: The primer coat should be allowed to dry 30mins – 2 hrs (depending upon the temperature and humidity) before the application of MIXURETHANE. The primer should be in semi dried (slightly tacky) Condition. MIXURETHANE can be applied by brush or roller but is probably best applied using an air less spray. Apply a minimum two coats with undiluted material @1 kg/ m2 per coat for 1 mm thickness
It is important to ensure that each coat has to be cured totally before applying the next coat. Prior to second coat, a close visual inspection of the surface should be made for any pin holes or surface irregularities. The second coat should be applied at 90˚ to the first, to ensure a full unbroken coating to the substrate. For improved results, a glass fibre mat (Mix mat) can be embedded into the first coat while it is wet on all corners and other critical areas. Clean all the tools with water after use.
2kg/m2 /mm approximately
HEALTH AND SAFETY
MIXURETHANE contains no hazardous substance. As with all construction chemical products, caution should always be exercised. Protective clothing such as gloves and goggles hall be worn whilst handling. Wearing long sleeve overall, safety shoes and face mask is recommended for maximum safety. Reseal all containers after use and ensure product is stored as instructed on the safety section of the labelling. Treat any splashes to the skin or eyes with fresh water immediately. Should any of the products be accidentally swallowed, do not induce vomiting, but call for medical assistance immediately. For more details, please refer to the MSDS released on each MERZ product
- Do not apply to areas when rain is imminent.
- During conditions of low temperature or high humidity the curing rate will slow dramatically.
- Do not apply to areas subject to foot traffic in or vehicular traffic.
- Not to be used in areas subject to negative hydrostatic pressure.
- All finish coatings over this membrane must be solvent free.
NOTES: It is recommended before commencing the application; that adhesion of products to be used is tested over a typical area of the prepared surface to ensure satisfactory adhesion. It is the responsibility of the applicator to carry this out and accept the substrate suitability before any application starts. For items not covered in this data sheet, it is the responsibility of the applicator to check with MERZ and get a written confirmation before commencing the application.