- It is fast drying and UV stable, and can be recoated in as little as 4 hours in optimal conditions.
- Flexi-Seal does not require the use of any reinforcement, and is ideal for waterproofing of shower recesses, bathrooms, laundries, balconies and decks.
- It can be used in both internal and external waterproofing applications, over concrete, render, block work, fibre cement, gyprock, plywood and particle board surfaces.
- Easy to clean in water.
- Part of the Flexi-Seal waterproofing system, in conjunction with Universal Primer, Butylseal, and RLA ceramic tile adhesives.
- All areas to be waterproofed must be clean and dry, free of grease, oil and paint and all loose materials, as well as any other contaminants.
- Concrete should be allowed to cure for a minimum of 28 days prior to application of waterproofing.
- Sheet and timber substrates must be installed and fixed in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Prior to application, surfaces (in particular porous substrates) should be primed with Universal Primer.
- Flexi-Seal PUD is a Class III Membrane. Care must be taken in any immediate wet areas such as shower recesses.
- Wall-to-wall and wall-to-floor junctions require a bond breaker mechanism applied prior to the application of Flexi-Seal PUD. A neutral cure silicone is recommended. The bond breaker must be applied in accordance with AS/NZS 3740: 2004
- Class III Wet Area Membranes.
- Should a tape be required on the junctions, use 80mm Butylseal Tape. Apply a wider 150mm Butylseal Tape over the trap area after it has been primed, and turn it down into the trap to help better secure the waste trap area.
- Apply the first coat of Flexi- Seal PUD to the overall pre-primed substrate areas, ensuring an even coverage using a brush, roller or airless spray.
- Allow to dry before applying a second, heavier coat at 90° to the first. Ensure complete coverage is achieved and no air bubbles exist.
- Apply a third coat if imperfections are present in the membrane.
- Ensure each coat has fully cured prior to application of additional coats.
- Average dry film thickness should be approximately 1mm, and should not be any less than 0.75mm.
Flexi-Seal PUD will cover approximately 12m2 per 15L pail in internal applications and 10m2 per 15L pail in external applications.
TDS & Material Safety Data Sheet is available upon request.