Elastomeric Acrylic Waterproof Coating Grey 10Kg
MIXTEX SUPER is a single component; acrylic based waterproof coating with high elasticity. It is durable flexible and has a high level of resistance to weathering agents like UV rays, sunlight, frost, rainfall etc.
- Single component Acrylic based
- Flexible & Elastomeric
- High elasticity
- Very durable and flexible
- UV Resistant
$135.00 (excl. GST)
Save: $54.00 (40%)
or 4 fortnightly payments of $20.25 with More info
50 in stock
- Can be used on most types of roofs, such as concrete roof, metal roof, asbestos roof, etc.
- As a protective membrane for PU foam Installation
- Can be used to protect exposed reinforced concrete from carbonation & chloride attack.
HOW TO APPLY
All the substrates must be dry and free of dust, dirt, oil, grease and loose particles. Metal surfaces should be rust free. This can be achieved by wire brushing or grit blasting. existing coatings, adhesives, efflorescence should be removed to achieve maximum bond strength. Holes, non-structural cracks or other surface deformities should be repaired.
A primer coat is required to seal the pores and stabilize the surface. MIXTEX Super with 20% dilution with clean water should be used as a primer coat. It will improve the bond strength of the coating. This can be applied by a brush, roller or spray
The primer coat should be allowed to dry completely before the application of MIXTEX Super. The drying time would be a minimum of 8 hours at 25 ˚C. MIXTEX Super can be applied by brush or roller but is probably best applied using an air less spray. Apply a minimum of two coats with undiluted material @1 kg/ m2 per coat. It is important to ensure that each coat has to be cured totally before applying the next coat. Prior to second coat, a close visual inspection of the surface should be made for any pin holes or surface irregularities. The second coat should be applied at 90˚ to the first, to ensure a full unbroken coating to the substrate. For improved results, a glass fibre mat / reinforcing fabric tape should be embedded into the first coat while it is wet on all corners and other critical areas. Clean all the tools with water after use.
2kg/m2 /mm approximately
- Do not apply to areas when rain is imminent.
- During conditions of low temperature or high humidity the curing rate will slow dramatically.
- Do not apply to areas subject to heavy foot traffic in commercial environments or vehicular traffic.
- Not designed as a sealant for expansion or control joints.
- Not to be used in areas subject to negative hydrostatic pressure.
- All finish coatings over this membrane must be solvent free.
- Allow minimum 72 hours drying after final application if treated area is to be flood tested.
NOTES: It is recommended before commencing the application; that adhesion of products to be used is tested over a typical area of the prepared surface to ensure satisfactory adhesion. It is the responsibility of the applicator to carry this out and accept the substrate suitability before any application starts. For items not covered in this data sheet, it is the responsibility of the applicator to check with MERZ and get a written confirmation before commencing the application.